Devils Brewery - handcrafted beers with soul!
Devils Brewery is a ‘Gypsy Brewing company’. The term has found its way into the industry to describe brewers who utilise downtime on existing breweries to create their own beers.
Working with local Tasmanian producers is a large part of the business ethos and allows us to create fresh and interesting beer styles in our Tasmanian Brewery.
Quintessential Tasmanian Beers are what we focus on, including Tasmanian grown Enigma, Galaxy and Cascade hops for our Pilsner and Pale ales to smoked grains by Bruny Island Smoke House for our ‘Smokey Moll’ Smoked Molasses Porter, We also can’t go past this incredible resource on the ‘Apple Isle’ without creating our own special 100% local ciders, chemical free and bursting with fruit.
Devils Head Brewer David Tottle says “It’s the love of making beer… sharing it with others… the unbridled creativity of it. I’m always on the lookout for interesting ingredients that could help create a wild, unusual and original beers”.
We regularly create special runs that are only sold at our cellar door. The most resent being our ‘Wild Oak aged Cider’. Our Wild fermented cider was aged in Lark Distillery Whisky Casks and coming in at a whopping 11%abv. A big apple flavour with the warmth of the oak and that distinctive whisky finish. Best enjoyed in a champagne flute with friends.
Bottled Product Range:
Not another Pale Ale
- Tassie Pale Ale. Cascade and Galaxy Hops grown in the Derwent Valley have been used to create this 100% Tassie Pale Ale.
- Smoked Porter. After smoking some of the grain bill at Bruny Island Smokehouse a good whack of UK hops and lashings of Molasses were added for this big and bold dark beer.
Kiss me Hardy
- UK IPA. A traditional English style IPA. Big and bold with a good sized malt back bone.
- Local Enigma hops 100% whirlpool addition makes this a fresh and hoppy Pils, a perfect session beer.
- Cloudy and Chemical free 100% natural Huon Valley Apples.
- Utilising locally roasted coffee we’ve infused cold drip and espresso into this classic stout to create a perfectly balance Coffee Stout.